It’s confusing indeed. However, it only serves as a crucial reminder that happiness is not necessarily the be-all and end-all of life. It serves as an important reminder that there is something more important than happiness.
One thing that could be more important than happiness? Meaning.
Yes, if you feel so happy, or that your life is seemingly going so swimmingly but you just feel so empty, it could be a sign that you are violating or neglecting something that really matters to you deep down.
This week, try digging deep with your days and mind.
Ask the following questions:
- Are your life really in line with what you want to do?
- Are there goals you have been wanting to achieve but still couldn’t?
- Are there anything you are doing that does not correspond to your deeply held values?
Then, once you have answered that, continue your introspection.
- Could you do something about it? Could you perhaps pursue it, or, in case nothing can be done or changed at the moment, can you start to accept that reality and find the strength to move on?
- Can you design a new ways to deal better with it?
- What would it take for you to be able to feel content and fulfilled?
Have a #30Days Meaning Challenge in your life to make sure that you are living up what means a lot to you.
Start small, and notice the difference in how you feel.
Keep tweaking your approaches or your daily lives if you still you haven’t found what it means to live a really content and fulfilled life, and never stop questioning yourself!